If gas appliances malfunction, or are installed or used incorrectly, levels of carbon monoxide may become dangerously high and can cause illness or death.
Learn how to identify potentially unsafe gas appliances.
In New Zealand the majority of deaths associated with the use of camping appliances have been attributed to carbon monoxide poisoning.
Caravans & Motorhomes
Learn safety tips and tricks for using gas appliances in your caravan or motorhome.
If you have a LPG cabinet heater, Energy Safety has some simple safety tips to keep you warm and safe.
In the event of an emergency you should contact the Emergency Services by dialling 111. The operator will ask you whether you need Fire, Police or Ambulance.